10.1.3 image and Firmware q2e42

Daniel Castelo dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy
Wed Feb 16 13:15:37 EST 2011

Our idea is that just our technical stuff (and maybe volunteers with certain
knowledge) could update the firmware.

But this process will take us at least two or three months. So, we want to
release our new software version trying to make it compatible with both
firmware version Q2E41 and Q2E45.

You have mentioned some bugs that could affect us:

    * #9100 (machines hanging during boot)
    * EC firmware which fixes issues with resuming from suspend from the
touchpad
    * bugs in selftest diagnostics
    * others that could affect OFW's ability to install new releases

We couldn't reproduce the bug #9100, and maybe we could accept the price of
the other bugs that you have mentioned.

However we have another problem in the keyboard mapping: the user couldn't
use certain special keys, for example the "frame" key.

I know that in the past the keyboard mapping configuration has changed from
setolpckeys utility to HAL.

The workaround that we found is the use of "setolpckeys" in our F11 image.
If we copy  /etc/udev/rules.d/96-olpc-keyboard.rules and
/usr/sbin/setolpckeys all the key combination work.

My question is, the use of setolpckeys in our F11 build could be dangerous
or incompatible with the keyboard mapping based on HAL?

Regards, Daniel.

--
Ing. Daniel Castelo
Plan Ceibal - Área Técnica