localpkg helper script for fedpkg -- take two

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 11:51:22 EST 2011

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 4:11 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are using or experimenting with fedpkg, I am putting some
> simple helper bits in an accessory "localpkg" python script (at
> http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/martin/localpkg

Updated and added a README -

lpkg - some extra commands to complement fedpkg

Getting started

 - You have your fedpkg-style checkouts tracking spec files
   and patches. We'll put them in ~/fpkg for this tour.

 - You have the actual src code checkouts. They use git.
   We'll have them in ~/src for this tour.

Install

 - clone localpkg into your ~/src
 - $ ln -s ~/src/localpkg/lpkg ~/bin/lpkg

Use

 - $ cd ~/src/sugar # hack, commit. lpkg will help you build
   (with fedpkg) from the tip of HEAD of this checkout.
   Use git describe to see the "version" that will be set
   in the resulting RPMs and SRPMs.

 - $ cd ~/fpkg/sugar # make sure you are in the right branch.
   fedpkg "guesses" the build target based on the name of the
   remote branch you are tracking.

 - $ git config --set lpkg.checkout ~/src/sugar
   alternatively, you can pass --git-checkout to lpkg

 - $ lpkg prep # prepares spec and source tarball
   $ fedpkg local # builds it locally
   $ lpkg lint # run rpmlint :-)
   ... # test it! does it work?
   $ lpkg publish # scp to dev.laptop.org:public_rpms/<dist>/

cheers,