Activity crashes when using

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Feb 10 11:55:15 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at> wrote:
> Indeed. At this point, we think the crash comes not so much from
> libsugarize but from changing windows very quickly during startup.

Wrtiteup of my diagnosis and patches at

Note that the patches only shrink the window. Combine them, and the
crash (with this specific program, this hw, this load profile) goes
away. Mostly :-)

Not sure if there's a way to ask gtk.gdk & wnck to query a window in a
sane manner. Maybe this race is bad API in those bindings, maybe it's
just an X11 protocol gotcha.

Where's jg when we need him? ;-)

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- Software Architect - OLPC