Activity crashes when using libsugarize.so

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 11:55:15 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 8:50 AM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed. At this point, we think the crash comes not so much from
> libsugarize but from changing windows very quickly during startup.

Wrtiteup of my diagnosis and patches at http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10683

Note that the patches only shrink the window. Combine them, and the
crash (with this specific program, this hw, this load profile) goes
away. Mostly :-)

Not sure if there's a way to ask gtk.gdk & wnck to query a window in a
sane manner. Maybe this race is bad API in those bindings, maybe it's
just an X11 protocol gotcha.

Where's jg when we need him? ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions