Proposal for new frozen repositories server

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sun Feb 6 07:29:54 EST 2011

mock.laptop.org, our server for "frozen packages" i.e. a clone of the
latest Fedora and OLPC RPMs frozen for each software release, is out
of disk space and somewhat unloved, and I'd like to use the
opportunity to make some changes to the system.

In a sentence, the changes are: Repositories which are essentially
unmodified by OLPC are moved out of revision control, and OLPC-local
repositories are moved from being unrelated branches in a
huge/old/long-living git repository into their own individual,
short-lived git repositories.

Full details here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:DanielDrake/NewMockProposal

Comments welcome. I'm looking to refine the proposal and implement it
within the next few weeks
Daniel