Language support for 11.2.0

Christoph Derndorfer christoph.derndorfer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:21:42 EST 2011

On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 2:00 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> On 02/04/2011 07:16 AM, Daniel Drake wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Currently we are including the following languages and locales in
> > 11.2.0 official builds:
> >
> > en_US
> > es
> > ar
> > pt
> > pt_BR
> > fr
> > ht
> > mn
> > mr_IN
> > am_ET
> > km_KH
> > ne_NP
> > ur_PK
> > rw
> > ps
> > fa_AF
> > si
> > zh_CN
> >
> > We can extend that list if there are active deployments (of really any
> > size) that use locales not covered by the list above. Requests can be
> > made on this mailing list.
>
> I request German for inclusion! At least I use it in my small
> 'deployment' of 5 machines :) I remember as well a class in Austria that
> used the builds, Christoph (in cc) will know better. Sebastian had as
> well a class set delivered to Hannover - not sure what the status is
> there. Bert might have other examples...

(Thanks a lot for the heads-up Simon:-)

Yes, I'd also love to see German included again.

Due to a variety of issues we won't be able to do a whole lot at the
Austrian pilot project this year but the 2011-2012 school year (when the
project class is going to be in 4th grade, the last one of primary school) I
definitely want to make a strong push again. And being able to use the
latest Sugar version in German would definitely help here:-)

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Derndorfer