[IAEP] Google Art Project

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 08:10:45 EST 2011

FWIW, we have a standing offer from the Boston Museum of Fine Arts to
put together a native Sugar activity around 100 images from their
collection, We can not only do an end-run around the Flash issue but
we can also let the children incorporate these images into their own
work. See http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1117

regards.

-walter

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Caryl Bigenho <cbigenho at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> Here us a wonderful resource shared by folks on the sur and Squeakland
> lists.
>
> http://www.googleartproject.com/
>
> If you haven't already seen it, take a look and enjoy it.... but not on your
> XO!
>
> Irequires Flash not only to move about the galleries, but also to view
> individual works of art.
>
> I successfully installed the latest version of Flash on an XO-1.5 running
> 10.1.3 (860). fI followed the instructions on this page:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Adobe_Flash
>
> I am not able to access anything on the XO.  An image does appear on the
> home page of the site, but I am not able to do anything else.  It tries.  I
> see a Flash button to click, but clicking gives a black image.
>
> Is there any way we can get this resource working on the XOs to make it
> available to kids all over the world?
>
> Caryl
>
> P.S. It is wonderful on my MacBook
>
> P.P.S. If you get multiple copies of this it is because I both want to share
> the link with all and find someone who can make it happen for the XO users
> of the world!

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs
http://www.sugarlabs.org