olpc.fth

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Feb 3 18:16:20 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 03:16:43PM -0600, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> Just a quick question is it possible to run commands that are
> available at OFW prompt inside the olpc.fth file? I'm looking at
> trying to run add-tag-from-file from within olpc.fth.

Yes, certainly, provided the laptop is not secured.

For example:

\ olpc.fth
visible
sound-end
add-tag xx yy

Without visible you won't see output.

Without sound-end the asynchronous startup sound may retrigger during
the process.

For example:

\ olpc.fth
visible
sound-end
: quozl  " add-tag-from-file xx u:\xx" eval ;
quozl

With add-tag-from-file the input file descriptor being used by
OpenFirmware to maintain interpretor position in the olpc.fth file ...
is overwritten, which is why this example and the newkatag.fth you found
define a word and then execute it as the last line.

I've tested the above scripts.

Write your script to test for the tag being added.

On XO-1.5, if you have multiple tags to add, you might avoid restart on
each, see the source

http://tracker.coreboot.org/trac/openfirmware/browser/cpu/x86/pc/olpc/via/initsmt.fth

for a method that might be used in manufacturing.  I've not tested this.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/