[Server-devel] Hidden SSID and Proxy settings

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 16:22:46 EST 2011

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Dr. Gerald Ardito
<gerald.ardito at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to connect XOs in a school which as a wireless network with a
> hidden SSID. Additionally, the school requires proxy settings to establish
> internet connections.
> Can someone help me with this?

Very tricky. The Sugar side won't wandle this situation very well at
all. GNOME can handle it.

Under Sugar

 - You may be able to set the proxy setting with a pac file. Pia Waugh
reported once that it worked with 8.2.1, but I don't think she
documented it.

 - Hidden SSIDs are not handled well at all by Sugar's network neighbourhood.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions