os-builder F14

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Sun Dec 18 12:30:00 EST 2011

On Sun, 2011-12-18 at 11:59 -0500, Kevin Gordon wrote:
> Folks:
>
> I'm going to install another machine F14 with OS builder, and I have a
> couple of pre-launch (translate:newbie) questions   :-)
>
> It looks like the F14 sample .ini files are no longer on the site
> which is pointed to by the wiki.
>
> For example, on the page
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OS_Builder/Development
>
> The examples at the bottom are listed as:
>

> Development OS releases are usually made with the following build
> configurations:
>
>       * examples/f14-xo1.ini for XO-1
>       * examples/f14-xo1.5.ini for XO-1.5
>
> However following those links gives:

When viewing the git repo via the web there is a drop down box in the
upper right corner to select the git branch you want to view. The
default is set to the master branch.

Think the wiki page was written when the files lived in the master
branch of git, those have been moved to the v4.0 branch. Have a look at:

http://dev.laptop.org/git/projects/olpc-os-builder/tree/examples?h=v4.0

> path: root/examples
>
>       Mode
>       Name
>       Size
>

> -rw-r--r--
> Makefile
> 102
> logstats
> -rw-r--r--
> f16-xo1.5.ini
> 3406
> logstats
> -rw-r--r--
> f16-xo1.ini
> 2686
> logstats
> -rw-r--r--
> f17-xo1.5.ini
> 3367
> logstats
> -rw-r--r--
> f17-xo1.ini
> 2647
> logstats
>

> Also on this page:
>
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/11.3.0
>
> In the developer section, on this line:
>
> The release was built with OS Builder version 4.0.x under Fedora 14,
> using olpc-os-11.3.0-xo1.ini, olpc-os-11.3.0-xo1.5.ini and
> olpc-os-11.3.0-xo1.75.ini.
>
> but if those are the links, they  don't seem to be active.

Don't think those are links, more like notes.

> Should I just assume that install of the version 4 olpc-builder will
> magically install the desired .ini examples for F14 into a local
> directory, and not even look for them on the web?

Think you'll get f14-xo1.ini, f14-xo1.5.ini files with the rpm.

Jerry