12.1.0 devel build 2 released, for XO-1.5 and XO-1

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Dec 14 01:22:05 EST 2011

On XO-1 with os2, suspend (as enabled during boot-up) gives me trouble..

Disclaimer:  I am not asking for help -- just sharing my experiences.

When running os2 on the XO-1, sometimes "function stoppages" happened:
  *  my swap partition got detached, so I couldn't run huge apps.
  *  the "permanent" SD card which I mounted got silently unmounted
  *  the wireless connection (to an AP) got broken

There seemed to be somewhat of a correlation between these incidents and
the 'power button' having gone into blink mode (and me having to press a
key on the native <green> keyboard to get the XO going again).

So I updated my /etc/init.d customization script to inhibit suspend --
and since then the first two "function stoppages" haven't recurred.

mikus

p.s  Midori (webkit-based) on the XO-1 performs in the same ballpark
      as with F14.  So do Mozilla, Opera, and Chrome.