XO-1.75 power testing

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Mon Dec 5 15:49:37 EST 2011

On 12/05/2011 03:39 PM, Carlos Nazareno wrote:

> Will reflash Bonnie, the 1.75 1B1 after the auckland game developer
> meetup&  do power testing on latest 11.3.1 build, mostly for read&
> standbye, hibernate etc times.

We don't do hibernate.  Hibernate saves active state to file on your
storage media and powers off then reloads the file on boot.  We only do
suspend. We call it suspend because its suspend-to-ram in ACPI speak.
I've been calling it ASR or agressive suspend/resume because most
systems only suspend when you close the lid or after it sits idle for a
long time.  But we have our settings measured in seconds rather than
minutes.

> Tried running it idle the other day in Sugar overnight in idle.
>
> After some time, it automatically went into hibernate (blinking LED),

ASR not hibernate.

> and then when I woke up in the morning, it had shut down, but still
> had quite some juice in the battery, something I found curious.
>
> Was this on purpose or a glitch?

On purpose.  Default powerd config will wake up and turn off the machine
if its been in-suspend for 4 hours.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child