XO 1.75 battery life?

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sun Dec 4 01:58:53 EST 2011

On 12/02/2011 11:38 PM, Chris Leonard wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Richard A. Smith<richard at laptop.org>  wrote:
>>
>> If you wanted to help and you have a 1.5 you can.  People with 1.5s can
>> provide accurate usage info they install the latest release, make sure the
>> date is set correctly, and then allow powerd to do ASR (ie don't disable
>> it).  Then use the XO as you normally would but use it on battery as much as
>> possible. Only charge up the battery when it gets low.  Powerd logs are kept
>> in /home/olpc/power-logs .  After a few cycles of the battery send me all
>> the logs in that directory.
>
> Do you really mean XO 1.5 or did you intend to write XO 1.75 in the
> paragraph above?

I meant 1.5. Few people have 1.75 and since ASR is not fully operational
its not fun testing when your system crashes.

You can even do it on a XO-1 if you allow ASR to happen which is
disabled by default.

Powerd logs transitions into and out of suspend.  So given a powerd
logfile you can determine how much suspend % was achieved.  The % of
time you can go into suspend is much more workload dependent than it is
machine dependent.  The % suspend on a 1.5 should roughly the same as it
would be on a 1.75.

Again for testing you must be using the latest OS release.  The last
release (build 860) had a bug that makes this data difficult to extract.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child