11.3.0 ARM repo setup

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:14:13 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
>> My main concern is that 1.75 is gonna see more churn than x86...
>
> Can you elaborate?

Ahm, ofw/kernel and xorg are moving, and as soon as we have important
ofw/kernel/xorg chunks landing I _will_ want to trigger a build, and
I'll personally pester everyone on this list to upgrade and provide
feedback.

A week-long feedback cycle for those items is murder given the short
time we have between now and Nov 1st...

(On the slower-moving x86 side, I agree, there isn't such pressure...)

>>> With a fully functioning koji and complete-ish repos
>>
>> You mean we can use our koji setup for stuff not in Fedora? Or does
>> that qualify for "exceptional"? ;-)
>
> That qualifies for exceptional. Just like XO-1 and XO-1.5.

I'm so exceptional!

>>> This brings us nice symmetry:
>>> XO-1 uses f14 and f14-xo1
>>> XO-1.5 uses f14 and f14-xo1.5
>>> XO-1.75 uses f14 and f14-xo1.75
>>> And in each of the f14-xo* repos, the only packages present are kernel
>>> and bootfw.
>>
>> OK - so I better rename my "f14-arm" to f14 and be done with it ;-)
>
> Right now the f14-arm dropbox (in general, not specifically yours)
> includes stuff like csound and powerd that should not be carried over
> (those will come from koji). And runin is already in f14 as noarch for
> XO-1.5. But yes, you get the idea.

I think we're saying the same thing ;-)

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions