[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

Tom Parker tom at carrott.org
Thu Aug 25 07:17:02 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 14:30 +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 10:57:25PM +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
> > I tried very carefully using one finger from directly above (no button
> > pressing and no other hands nearby) and still experience the jumpy
> > cursor problem. I was also able to make it jump diagonally, mostly at 45
> > degrees.  [...]
>
> Is this in OpenFirmware "test /mouse" or in Linux?

That description was in linux, but I tried again toady in the OFW test
and had very similar results. I was able to reproduce it almost
immediately on power on and it seems to be related to the pressure.
Light pressure behaves normally, heavy pressure causes the problem. I
had trouble reproducing diagonal jumps in OFW today but got a few small
ones, I didn't re-test in linux.