[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 25 01:47:04 EDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 25, 2011 at 03:22:06PM +1000, forster at ozonline.com.au wrote:
> > I don't know enough about Turtle Blocks to comment, but if an
> > application such as Turtle Blocks tries to read the sensor, it will
> > probably block for as long as it takes for the transaction to complete
> > ... roughly 33 milliseconds.
> >

> I am getting 60mS per read in Turtle Blocks

On an XO-1.73 A3, I saw 25 reads per second, which would have been 40mS
per read.

On an XO-1.75 B1, I get between 17.07 and 18.22 reads per second in
/runin/runin-accelerometer with os40.  That would be 59mS to 55mS.

One imagines that Turtle Blocks may be doing more than just reading.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/