[Testing] Summary of various of my notes on XO 1.75

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 23 23:00:07 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 09:01:49PM -0400, Kevin Gordon wrote:
> The following all work on XO 1.5 11.2/11.3 but do not work on the XO
> 1.75 at os40:
>
> 1) USB2VGA does not 'light up' as it does on an XO1.5.  It is listed
> in lsusb - boot does not hang, just carries on using the regular
> screen

Yes, the module is not yet included in our kernel.  #11113.

> 2a) USB 3G modems do not appear in Network Manager available
> connections in gnome, but are listed in lsusb

Yes, the module is not yet included in our kernel.  #11113 and #11167.

> 2b) Similarly in Sugar, USB 3G modems do not appear in the frame, even
> with a modem configuration, and when they are listed in lsusb

Same cause as your 2a) above.

> 3) External Microscopes are not seen by Cheese, but are listed in
> lsusb

Yes, the module is not yet included in our kernel.  #11113.

> 4) USB Ethernet dongle causes machine to hang if plugged in at boot,
> boot resumes when unplugged from port.  Does not connect to network
> when plugged in after boot, but link light is on.  No IP address
> given.

Probably #11113, but we'd need the USB vendor and product id please, and
what driver is loaded on XO-1.5 when it is inserted.

> 5) frame key is still at f6

Sugar supports F6 as frame key, so I don't expect that to change.

However, if you mean the frame key doesn't work, that's #11140 and
#11135, and has been fixed already in several places, but the last piece
to land is an OpenFirmware release Q4B08 and I plan to do that later
today.  It has already passed test in Simon's hands with Q4B07ja.

> 6) boot sound is definitely tinny

#11170.

> The following are observations:
>
> 4) no 'pretty boot'

#10915 etc.

> Please let me know if you want more details on any of these, or
> whether it's too early in the cycle to be worried about any of this.

Not too early, but you might save yourself some time by quickly checking
through http://dev.laptop.org/1.75 ... ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/