[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Aug 23 17:47:19 EDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 07:20:13AM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think shortly (maybe next build) we should move to auto firmware
> > updates with the OS release so that with each OS update we're running
> > the recommended OFW release. We're shipping it in OS40, not sure if it
> > auto updates, but will test that myself this evening.
>
> IIRC that gets bootstrapped from olpc.fth once we fix
> dracut-modules-olpc and have a good initramfs.

No, not just olpc.fth, also OpenFirmware looks in bootfw.zip if the
laptop is secure.  I've just tried this by downgrading to q4b05, then
booting with X game pad key, and the result is "No signature for our key
list", "Boot failed".  So I imagine it may work once the firmware is
signed.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/