[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 08:36:42 EDT 2011

Installed qb407 and os40:

Boots.

No pretty boot.

Boot chime is a little 'tinny'.

Connect to WPA secure access point works great.

os40 brings 'Switch to Gnome' function back into form.   In os36 it was
putting up a file not found and reverting to a text display.  Required
manual reboot to get to the other desktop.  As I said, works now.

Connect to WPA access point on gnome works great.  However, just like on
previous versions, 1.0 and 1.5 included, Gnome doesn't 'remember' the last
successful connection from Sugar.  Not a bug - a feature :-)

Yum install cheese brings in the right 2 rpms armv5tel from the repo.
Nice.  One still needs to do the 'modprobe mmp-camera' to get cheese to see
the device, and the camera is very 'jumpy'.

Cant seem to get my USB 3G modems to show up in the network manager
broadband section.  Still plugging.

Cheers

KG