[Testing] [OLPC New Zealand] New prototype XO-1.75s in Auckland, New Zealand

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Tue Aug 23 07:46:38 EDT 2011

Hi

Testing a 1.75 with the HS 'clicky' keyboard

Speak is a bit clicky. The clicks occur in the same places on the same text. Repeat some text: ctrl C ctrl V ctrl V ....
and the same word is clicky, eg 'the quick brown fox' the word 'quick' is noticably more clicky.

Power on fanfare sounds louder and tinnier. Maybe a peak or resonance in the treble?

I have noticed on the 1.5 and 1.75 mouse that if my finger is too far forward on the button it overhangs the pad and gives a jumpy cursor. The pad is not sure which finger to track.

Tony