[OLPC Engineering] [Techteam] New F14-arm build os1 - Fedora mirror plus more!

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Tue Aug 16 23:59:44 EDT 2011

peter wrote:
 > On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 5:00 PM, Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org> wrote:
 > > Hi Peter,
 > >
 > > On Sun, Aug 14 2011, Peter Robinson wrote:
 > >> The Peter's first release with Fedora Secondary Mirrors goodness plus
 > >> much more release!
 > >>
 > >> Download from:
 > >>
 > >>   http://build.laptop.org/~pbrobinson/f14-arm/os1/
 > >
 > > If I give you permissions on http://build.laptop.org/F14-arm/, maybe you
 > > could continue using Martin's numbering scheme?  It's better to minimize
 > > the number of places we're hosting builds, I think, and not to have
 > > shared build numbers in the same stream that point to different builds.
 >
 > I only put it there as I didn't know where else to put it, as for
 > numbering schemes IMO it would be nice to pre able to use different
 > prefixes to make it a little easier to determine what they all are.

peter -- can you tell us how you'll decide when to do new builds?

i think we could use one soon, if only because the kernel in os36
(which seems to be the same in your os1) is a week and a half old, and
as i recall it was even then missing some things that slipped through
the branch shuffles that were going on.  it would also be nice to
get the numbering and location thing behind us -- it's hard to ask
someone to install a '1' release when they're already running a '36'
release.

paul