C\C++ & SDL

Paul Fox pgf at laptop.org
Mon Aug 8 19:03:20 EDT 2011

mustafa wrote:

 > well i have windows and am planning to transfuse to linux in a really short time (shortage of games on linux makes this harder) i've used linux a lot
 >

 > i use netbeans (and sometimes C::B) for C++ programming
 >

 > i am not an expert but i'd like to start
 >

 > I've used sugar on Virtual Box with 512 MB of memory but it is very slow (i have 4GB)
 >

 > i still haven't investigated much in sugar but i'm working on that
 >

 > and what is this really really long FAQ (is this for me to stop bugging you with my e-mails)

mustafa --

we really do welcome you, and hope you can find a way to contribute.

this is a very big mailing list, and the OLPC and Sugar projects are
very big projects.  we're suggesting that you should help us help you,
by asking specific questions about specific tasks that you might be
interested in working on.  that will work better than asking hundreds
of people how you can help, when we don't know anything about your
interests.

(and remember, you didn't start by asking questions at all -- you started
by announcing that we need to support more programming languages.)

paul