New F14-arm build os36 - Sugar in sync, device-tree!

Martin Langhoff martin at laptop.org
Fri Aug 5 18:52:56 EDT 2011

The "Sugar in sync! device-tree" build.

Download from:

  http://build.laptop.org/F14-arm/os32/

Use with OFW Q4B07 -
  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Firmware_q4b07

Changes and notes:

 - sugar and sugar-toolkit rpms are at 0.92.4!

 - abiword and libabiword are in, but may have been built without asio
(the network/collaboration side) -- please test collaboration!

 - In kernel land...

    = We have device-tree! So what used to be in /ofw now appears in
/proc/device-tree . Time to port bitfrost, dracut-modules-olpc, sugar
control panel, olpc-utils. Thanks Andres, Mitch and Saadia!

    = There is a new schedulear/timer patch from Lennert -- mystery
minutes-long hangs should be gone for real now.

 - Some packages have been downgraded - need to work with Peter on these
   -dracut-006-3.fc14.noarch
   -dracut-modules-olpc-0.5.3-1.fc14.1.armv5tel
   +dracut-006-2.fc14.noarch
   +dracut-modules-olpc-0.5.3-1.fc14.armv5tel
   -linux-firmware-20100806-4.fc14.noarch
   +linux-firmware-20100106-4.fc14.noarch
   -olpc-update-2.23-1.fc14.noarch
   +olpc-update-2.22-1.fc14.noarch

Activity version changes:

-Colors-15
-Finance-3
+Finance-5
-Jukebox-21
+Jukebox-22
-Paint-35
+Paint-36
-StopWatch-10
+stopwatch-11
-TurtleArt-112
+TurtleArt-113

Using Yum:

The default yum config - which we include - points to the official
Fedora mirrors, and those don't really support unsupported
architectures like ARM. Surprise!

Of course it's in my list of things to fix. In the meantime, here's
what you can do

 - edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-update.repo -- look at the first
section, disable it (enabled=0)

 - edit /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo -- look at the first section,
disable gpg checks (gpgcheck=0), comment out the mirrorlist line, and
add
  baseurl=http://arm.koji.fedoraproject.org/repos/dist-f14-build/latest/arm/

You're done! Note that it is a partial repo, and it only has the
packages at the F14 release time versions. Additionally, some packages
are missing or tagged wrong.

If you want a package that is missing, ping Peter to see if it'll be
available soon.

If you see a package or dependency bail out complaining about
python(abi)=2.6, let Peter know. The repo is just showing the wrong
package (and the right one is likely there).

 - ask interesting questions