os2 free size on XO-1

Kevin Gordon kgordon420 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:55:31 EDT 2011

Sirs:

If I can be so bold as to interject, there may actually be two scenarios
worth looking at for the 874 test.  One with the virgin build, and then the
one after running the script which deletes the dri and firmware from that
build, so as better to approximate what should be the 'same' config.  For
example, I'm running at about 400Mb free after running that script on a
fresh 874.

Is the base size for jffs2  device larger than the base for ubi0_0??
Perhaps the base size of ubi0_0 is being reduced 'upfront' by boot or temp
partitions, whereas the jffs2 allows it to decrease dynamically.  Perhaps
there are objects still stored in the ubi0_0 partition image that might not
need be there as they now exist elsewhere.  I have questions not answers, so
I'll shut up now and await the results.

Cheers,

KG