[SoaS] Software Freedom Day 17 September 2011

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Aug 3 21:58:29 EDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:55 PM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at tabitha.net.nz> wrote:
> Hi Sugar and olpc world
> What are people doing to celebrate Software Freedom Day this year?
> We are having an event in our city (Auckland, NZ) and are planning to show
> the XOs and if I can get some USBs then give out Sugar on a Stick. I am
> hoping to find a good printer to get some posters done.
> Anyone else doing anything?

We'll be hosting SFD2011 on our campus on Sept 15 (we have no foot
traffic on Saturdays). We usually have a few XOs at hand, a bunch of
Ubuntu CDs and handmade copies of FOSS for Windows.

Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Information Systems
Director, Campus Business Solutions
San Francisco State University