XO-1.75 -> Flash, Java?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:33:49 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Carlos Nazareno <object404 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will Flash Flash Player & Java SE (not JavaME) run on the XO-1.75, it
> being non-x86?
>
> For Android, Flash Player requires an ARMv7 (Cortex) + to run.
>
> Flash Player 9 was running on the N900 which ran Maemo.
>
> Video calls & streaming over internet is now one of the most important
> uses for developing countries and for children to talk to family
> members like parents who work overseas like here in the Philippines.
> Aside from Skype, Flash facilitates this for streaming.
>
> AFAIK Youtube will also be rolling out more livestreaming soon and
> will probably do full streaming for anyone a la Ustream in the future.

Java should be OK. The version that Fedora ships is based on the open
GPL version that is called IcedTea and is fully certified by the Java
group. We'll know more in the next month or so.

Flash might be a little more difficult as the version on the n900
wasn't generally downloadable. gnash and/or lightspark should work
though.

Peter