XO-1.75 RAM

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed Apr 13 16:16:57 EDT 2011

> Might 1GB of RAM  become a performance bottleneck?

I myself am skeptical of efforts to use the OLPC where a desktop system
might be more effective.  I've run various large applications on an
XO-1.5 system, and have not myself experienced "memory shortage".

Unless the RAM chips on the XO-1.75 are socketed (and thus easily
replaceable), it seems to me that it would be easier to add swap space
(rather than RAM) to those systems used to run particularly
memory-hungry applications (such as video editing).

mikus