The next four weeks

C. Scott Ananian cscott at
Tue Apr 12 18:16:28 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 5:45 PM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at> wrote:
>> And, again, I have to remind folks that this is only *one* possible
>> forward path for Sugar-on-Tablets.  This week I am examining a
>> ChromeOS-based option.
>> describes the current plan of work, and there will be further
>> exploration of promising options after that.
> Out of interest is the meego tablet / touch interface on the to look
> at list as well?

Meego development has been quite turbulent.  The goal is to build on a
stable and reliable foundation, so that OLPC won't have to do as much
basic platform work.   It's not clear that meego will provide that, or
that meego will ever be a first-class citizen on ARM

But meego's definitely on the list.  Just not as high priority at the moment.