New XO 1.5 firmware with MPPT. Please test!

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Thu Apr 7 14:59:40 EDT 2011

On 04/05/2011 12:47 PM, Richard A. Smith wrote:

Latest version.

http://dev.laptop.org/~rsmith/q3a62e.rom

This one really fixes the keyboard problem.  This is what I hope to be
the final test release.

In addition to the normal does this work for you. I need one specific test.

Please flash then boot and stop at openfirmware.  Then run
'watch-battery'. Remove external power and  allow you battery to
discharge to 60% or more. ie (<= 60%).

Then re-plug up external power and watch what the battery current does.
  It should pretty quickly go up to around 1A or more.  If it does not
then please connect up a serial terminal with logging enabled. ( you
will have to power cycle or reboot to get ofw serial) Remove external
power and then rather than 'watch-battery' run 'watch-mppt' and then
replug up power. Let it run for perhaps a minute or so and then send me
the serial log.

Thanks
--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>