Empty list view

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Sep 29 07:45:59 EDT 2010

On 09/29/2010 01:10 PM, Tomeu Vizoso wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 13:03, javed khan<javedkhan2k2 at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> here is the log
>
> Seems to be an issue with localization:
>
> /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/sugar/util.py in
> timestamp_to_elapsed_string(timestamp=dbus.Double(1285751109.0,
> variant_level=1), max_levels=2)
>      226
>      227             time_period += _ngettext(name_singular, name_plural,
> -->  228                                      elapsed_units) % elapsed_units
>          elapsed_units = 1
>      229
>      230             elapsed_seconds -= elapsed_units * factor
>
> TypeError: not all arguments converted during string formatting
>
> Simon and the rest of the Sugar OLPC team are aware of the issue and
> have a fix coming, though not sure if for 0.82.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tomeu

Hi Javed,

funny, how things turn up at the same time. We just worked on that issue
a a few days ago and have a fix for 0.84 [1].

About a fix for 0.82 - I am not sure about that as I am only involved in
the 0.84 builds, maybe someone else can comment.

There might be other issues in Arabic languages in 0.84. If you (or
someone from your team) as a knowledgeable person can have a look at the
latest builds in [2] and check the latest Arabic localization that would
be highly appreciated. You can comment your findings at [3] or here on list.

Thanks,
    Simon

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10372
[2] http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/latest/ or