Updating with olpc-update command

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 14:16:52 EDT 2010

>> if I understand correctly you are using Sugar on Fedora and not an OLPC
>> build. The olpc-update command is meant to update olpc-images for the
>> XO. For updating your configuration you need to use the distribution
>> specific means.
*snip*

>> [1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM
>
> Thanks a lot for such a wonder clarification.

We should probably have olpc-update check /etc/redhat-release for the
string 'OLPC release' and bail out if it isn't found with a message
like 'This is not an official OLPC release, cannot update.  Please use
your distributions package manager'.   This should allow the utility
to live in a distro's eco-system but not cause complete confusion if
it is installed and run on non-OLPC builds.

-Jon