Announcing OFW Q3A58

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Tue Sep 21 12:59:03 EDT 2010

On 09/21/2010 11:46 AM, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> Hi Mitch
> I applied it but doesn't restart when finish. The XO doesn't turn off if
> you press the power button. I needed to disconnect dc input and the battery.

Firmware reflash disables the EC which means all buttons are inactive.
So having to disconnect the battery is expected if the reboot after
reflash fails.

> After restart all is ok, and the firmware was updated.
> I don't know if it's a bug i must report.
> I can send you a picture of the screen if you want.

I don't think this isan issue with this firmware but rather a nagging
issue with the 1.5.  I've seen this happen on other firmware upgrades.
I believe its related to bug #10073.  If you happen to find a way to
reproduce it on demand then we would like to hear about it but otherwise
its known.  Thanks for the report though.

--
Richard A. Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop per Child