Initial F14 developers-only release for XO and XO-1.5

pbrobinson at gmail.com pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 19:53:27 EDT 2010

On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 3:56 PM, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:
> On 4 September 2010 03:24, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
>>> For now, please don't file bugs unless you include patches.
>>
>> I can understand not wanting bug reports against items which OLPC/Sugar
>> are still in the process of changing.  But why defer reporting problems
>> which might not be addressed unless there was a report ?
>
> Because nobody other than me is fixing the problems right now, and the
> bugs will go stale. And if someone is available to fix bugs, you only
> have to spend 5 minutes working with the image to encounter several of
> them. A bug tracker is needless overhead for such early and "loose"
> development.

Well I am for SoaS related things which while isn't XO hardware
related it does affect everything further up the stack.... does that
not count :-(

> This of course will change with time, if the project continues to progress.
>
>> For instance, Read-87 fails to launch on XO-1 os1 (F14) when it tries to
>>  'import evince'.  Though the necessary gnome-python2-evince package was
>> not included in the os1 build, when I manually install that package from
>> the yum Fedora-14 repositories, the import statement still fails --
>> apparently because the evince.so module provided by the current
>> Fedora-14 package has internal inconsistencies.  I myself do not have a
>> Python test case which does 'import evince' - nor do I have a patch -
>> but perhaps the maintainers of the Read Activity might want to discuss
>> this situation with the maintainers of Python on Fedora 14.
>
> As this is a topic purely related to Sugar you are welcome to file a
> bug on the SL bug tracker, or start a discussion on the sugar mailing
> list.

No point as its directly Fedora related but if people could add
positive karma to this it would be fixed quicker, else in about 4-5
days it will head to F-14 stable.
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/gnome-python2-desktop-2.31.1-5.fc14