Initial F14 developers-only release for XO and XO-1.5

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed Sep 1 05:59:18 EDT 2010

El Tue, 31-08-2010 a las 23:22 -0600, Daniel Drake escribió:
> Things are in such an early stage that I'm labelling this as a
> developers-only release. To name a few: Sugar crashes all the time,
> the XO-1.5 camera doesn't work, there are some funky graphics bugs on
> XO-1, no power management, DCON doesn't work right on either laptop,
> desktop switching lands you at a blank screen.

I recommend rebasing on the geode driver 2.11.9, which was just released
by upstream. I've been testing it in Dextrose for about 3 weeks: it
fixes all the known rendering bugs and has no regressions.

Hopefully it will also work well on newer X servers, but I have not had
the opportunity to  test yet. If you're ok with it, I could upgrade the
xorg-x11-drv-geode package in Fedora 14.

I really admire the work you're doing and wish I could help more than
this, but time to work on XO builds is up for me. From now on I'll have
just enough time to finish spinning-off Dextrose 2 in the hands of
deployments.