Synaptics driver on XO-1.5 hw?

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Thu Oct 28 11:01:05 EDT 2010

On 28 October 2010 15:54, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> On XO-1, we have a long painful history with synaptics and the EC,
> that's led to it being disabled. Instead we use the PS2 protocol.
>
> I just realised that we still do that on XO-1.5 on F11 and F14 builds,
> and can't find commentary from anyone trying anything different.
>
> Are there reasons to think Synaptics may now work?

As far as I know there is still no explanation nor diagnosis for the
super-strange EC behaviour in this mode. I don't know if anyone has
tested if the same occurs on XO-1.5. I'm not even sure if it makes
sense for us to switch to this mode (unless we can tweak the
sensitivity somehow) due to the amount of data its shifts every
second.

The synaptics driver will need a similar set of S/R hacks that we
apply to psmouse in order to play nice with idle suspend.

Also, kbdshim will need an update, because right now it only deals
with relative input devices.

Daniel