#10363 NORM 10.1.3: Auto-Suspend gets in the way when sharing over Salut

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Oct 13 19:12:13 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 01:20:17PM +0200, Simon Schampijer wrote:
> Ok, my point was that I do not have to unlink the files in Sugar,
> since powerd takes care of that.

It would be more efficient for the activity to unlink the files rather
than leave the job to powerd.  The activity can know it needs to be
done.  powerd has to find out by calling kill(2) with a sig of 0 in
inhibit_files_present().  powerd executes in bash, and kill is a
builtin, so it's not a huge cost.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/