Screen rotation hook... unhooked?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Fri Oct 1 17:18:44 EDT 2010

[Working on #9530, on XO-1.5-HS, build 852 ]

After fiddling a bit with jarabe/view/, I
notice that it does not seem to be the actual handler for the rotation
event -- at least on xo-1.5-hs.

[ Who moved my cheese? ;-) ] Where is my cheese anyway? After a bit of
testing it seems that some keys that is setup to handle
are being handled elsewhere. Brightness, volume keys... and rotate

The funny thing is that something is capturing the rotate key and
calling /usr/bin/xrandr -- the code must have moved somewhere smart
but I cannot locate it.

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect