F14 os3 development image released (XO-1 and XO-1.5)
bernie at codewiz.org
Fri Nov 26 21:43:27 EST 2010
On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 17:49 +0000, Daniel Drake wrote:
> Thanks to everyone who provided feedback on os2. New build is ready:
> http://wiki.laptop.org/go/F14_for_XO (any help on the wiki page appreciated!)
> Notably, suspend/resume is much more reliable and the graphics
> glitches are gone.
> Fixed tickets are:
> #10460 DCON bad state on first suspend
> #10461 XO-1.5 messes up serial console during resume
> #10464 boot partition not mounted on partitioned XO-1
> #10467 serial console getty unusable after S/R
> #10478 'About my Computer' shows: :"Wireless Firmware: Not Available"
> #10455 libertas-related slab corruption
> #10459 libertas cfg80211 slab corruption
> Latest F14 updates
> Linux 18.104.22.168
> UVC + ldusb support
> xorg.conf.d for cleaner X configuration
> Firmware Q3A61 for XO-1.5
> Please test and feed back!
I've tested on an XO-1.5. Here are a few quick bug reports from my first
20 minutes of usage:
== OS ==
* Despite the initrd optimization and ext4, boot time the same of
before: 30 seconds (36 seconds on the first boot, due to ssh keys)
* Graphics seem a lot more fluid on the XO-1.5. Not sure why,
I like it.
* AC plug/unplug events don't have any effect on the battery
* Automatic power management seem to have improved a lot and is
almost unnoticeable. However, can't we disable it while the
laptop is on AC?
== Sugar ==
* The spiral view gives an initial impression of using something
completely new, yet familiar.
* Spurious password prompts at boot. This has been broken in 0.90
for a couple of months now. Is anyone working on this bug?
* This is not a regression, but I just noticed that there's no way
to connect to a hidden network from Sugar. A possible workaround is
connecting from Gnome and then switching back to Sugar.
* The Read activity shouldn't appear in the favorite view.
== Activities ==
* The Record UI is still broken (tsk tsk :-). Seriously, is anyone
working on the UI rewrite?
* The Wikipedia activity fails to start. I think it also failed in
Dextrose, until we merged a small backwards compatibility fix in
* TamTamMini, TamTamEdit and TamTamSynth fail to start
* The Help activity is pretty outdated, not localized and generally
not very useful. It also asks to save to the journal on exit.
I would recommend removing it until someone improves it.
* The cursor in Write stops flashing after 2-3 seconds. It does not
seem to be related with automatic PM.
* Browse has the 0x0 buttons problem. We fixed it in Dextrose by
disabling sugar-settings-manager. We also tried to fix the actual
bug in our XSETTINGS implementation (ask jasg for details).
* Text in the Terminal is too big. We have a hack to fix this
in Dextrose which consists in dropping a configuration file
in ~/.sugar/default/terminalrc at build time.
My overall impression of F14-S0.90 is very positive. I'm sure it won't
take too long before it surpasses the F11 builds in terms of usability
// Bernie Innocenti - http://codewiz.org/
\X/ Sugar Labs - http://sugarlabs.org/
More information about the Devel