F14 os2 testing images available for XO-1 and XO-1.5

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Nov 22 15:24:25 EST 2010

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 07:50:52AM -0500, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:55 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> > I disagree. ?The version field is for formal releases. ?The reporter of
> > a bug may use "Development build as of this date" for the current F14
> > builds.
>
> Can we split "development build as of this date" into F11 and F14?

I think not.  Unnecessary expansion of the version popup.

The last thing we want is a bug reporter to not report a bug because
they don't know the answer to a question.  (If you are a bug reporter
reading this, just fill out the fields you know and hit submit).

For the community bug reporters who do know whether they are using F11
or F14, they'll know to report that, or the build number.  Keywords or
the body of the description is good for this.  The professional bug
reporters already do this well.

For triage by engineers working on one of the three build streams (the
10.1.3, the as yet unnamed F14, or the as yet unnamed F12 ARM), it would
be best if they examine every new ticket and complete the metadata.
Don't ever rely on the bug reporter to give you your metadata in the
initial capture; verify it.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/