SD card unpartitioned space -- used for swap?

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Nov 22 12:06:44 EST 2010

As my own clarification: I wasn't dismissing possible performance
improvements (of any kind).  I was just commenting on the old "lockup"
bugs, saying this might not actually be related to no-swap-space,
although it's possible memory pressure exacerbates the problem.  For
performance issues, you have to balance against the risks.  If it
enables you to run ooo, maybe it's worth it.  It seems you might also
be introducing a configuration management issue, though, where only
some units with a given SKU can run (say) OOo.
  --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )