Modifying 353 (xo-1) to apply the dev.laptop.org/ticket/10195 fix

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Sat Nov 20 08:03:45 EST 2010

> echo 0       > /sys/class/net/eth0/lbs_mesh

I knew this.  The problem is - sometime during boot of my os353 system
that field gets set to 1 (no matter what I've done before) - and when
Network Manager starts, it acts on the non-zero value.

So to make use of this field, I currently need to stop Network Manager,
then reboot, then set lbs_mesh to zero, then start Network Manager.

Even then, although Network Manager does set up interface 'eth0' -- on
the problem 353 os-1 system the output of 'iwlist eth0 scanning' (as
root) shows no WiFi nets -- while on an adjacent (reliable) 353 os-1
system the output of 'iwlist eth0 scanning' (as root) does show them.

My conclusion:  Bernie's solution to the #10195 problem does not in my
case appear to help that misbehaving 'eth0' interface do what I expect.

Thanks,  mikus