Modifying 353 (xo-1) to apply the dev.laptop.org/ticket/10195 fix

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Fri Nov 19 22:15:24 EST 2010

Bernie - you closed this ticket with "I disabled the mesh on boot and no
further incidents of this type were reported".

Please - how did you disable the mesh on boot ?

I am investigating a situation (on XO-1 353+) that started when I could
not associate to an Access Point - because there were no access points
being displayed in Neighborhood View.  [A second XO-1 in the same room,
running that exact same software, saw those Access Points and connected
fine.]  Non-consistently, eth0 disappears.  After I do 'iwconfig eth0
up', 'iwlist eth0 scan' often shows only "Address: 00:00:00:00:00:00".

I would like to try your "disable the mesh on boot" -- but it appears to
me that it is *after* boot (when Network Manager starts) that the
resources which control the mesh get defined.  I can disable the mesh
after Network Manager has enabled it - but I don't know how to disable
it prior to that point.  How did you "disable the mesh on boot" ?

Thanks,  mikus