XO-1.5 ACPI ebook switch

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Nov 19 10:53:11 EST 2010

Hi,

I'm looking at getting the XO-1.5 ACPI kernel changes upstream.

Right now, the ebook switch has its own kernel driver for the XO15EBK
HID, it seems like a design decision was taken in the ACPI DSDT that
we should invent our own class instead of using the standard ACPI
button one.

However, the DSDT also exposes the lid and power switches as standard
ACPI switches, which get driven by the standard Linux driver without
complication.

Can anyone recall why the ebook switch is its own class?

Thanks,
Daniel