Rebuilding a kernel with olpc-kernel-builder

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Fri Nov 19 04:37:15 EST 2010

On 17 November 2010 17:38, Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to rebuild our kernel with a couple of patches on top...
>
>  - on a F11 build host, trying to build an XO-1.5 / F11 series kernel
>  - cloned olpc-kernel-builder
>  - fiddled with the paths to match my local setup
>  - run and ... fail!

olpc-kernel-builder (like olpc-2.6-rpm) is for automated build and
distribution of new kernels.
If you just want to build a one-off RPM then its really easy. Within
the kernel tree:

make xo_1-kernel-rpm

or

make xo_1_5-kernel-rpm

I've been planning to document the build procedures and infrastructure
around kernel and release generation, perhaps I'll bump up the
priority on that.

Daniel