XO-1.75 microphone socket

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon Nov 15 16:19:17 EST 2010

> Just make sure you keep in mind the difference between the specification and what is likely to be acceptable.  One value is better suited to personal tinkering, the other to widespread propagation.

Good point. As background to my questions Turtle Art 103 now supports sensor input.
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/TurtleArt/Using_Turtle_Art_Sensors

As the specification stands, no teacher is going to conduct science experiments with external voltages. If the specification is changed to +-9v then they will have the confidence to conduct experiments with caution.

Tony