XO-1 DCON trouble with new kernels

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Sat Nov 13 18:41:39 EST 2010

On 13 November 2010 23:30, Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org> wrote:
> I wonder if, in the VT case, the driver is stopping the display controller
> soon after clearing the DCONLOAD pin?  In that case, I can imagine that the
> DCON would be unable to capture new data because it would no longer have
> PIXCLK, HYSNC, and VSYNC to time its acquisition of a frame of data.

Thanks, will check.

We also suspect it could be related to syncing.

We identified that reverting this new commit solves the issue:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=commitdiff;h=b5c26f97ec4a17c650055c83cfc1f2ee6d8818eb

Will study the LX docs and geode X driver for more clues.

Thanks,
Daniel