Wikiserver -- regenerating the index... without FreeBSD?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at
Thu Nov 4 14:34:04 EDT 2010

When we regenerate the text index... it wants to user
locate.mklocatedb which is a FreeBSD  implementation of locate (a
shellscript that gets 2 binaries to do the dirty work).

It seems to be present in modern FreeBSDs and OSX. Given its origin as
an iPhone-app, I can understand the FreeBSDish-ness.

But cannot find a Linux port which puts a damper on things.

Have we been counting on OSX/FreeBSD to build/update these bundles?

 martin.langhoff at
 martin at -- School Server Architect