customizing olpc-os-builder image

Mike Dawson mikeofmanchester at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 01:36:03 EDT 2010

Well one choice as discussed before would be to use the modules I
already wrote that do exactly that:

OS Builder Module: www.paiwastoon.af/otherdownloads/afcustomization.tar.gz
www.paiwastoon.af/otherdownloads/f11-xo1-g4.ini

Unfortunately I don't think modifying ksmain will be enough because
olpc-configure will come along and change whatever was there in the
first place, unless one modifies it. olpc-configure changes it
according to the hardware info / SKU.  For Afghanistan this is set to
be a Dari keyboard AFAIK.  The afcustomization script depends on a
bundle - that can be uploaded this evening.  Just more practical here
than telling it download locations such as the way that activities
module works.

Re. the boot screen the documentation on the wiki might be inaccurate,
the boot anim package / source is where one wants to look.

For the font that is used by the UI - there are definitely some
issues.  The gconf value for size is effective.  The gconf value for
font face does not take effect.  I have fixed this in the
afcustomization module.

Regards,

-Mike