os351 on XO-1 - Browse & memory pressure

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Nov 2 23:38:06 EDT 2010

On Tue, Nov 02, 2010 at 10:34:26PM -0400, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> WRT to the 512 MB units Wad asks about, I have a couple samples at my
> office and they are very usable. Never OOM'd or gotten bad behaviour
> with 2~3 activities open.

Agreed, same here.  The 512 MB units do have a slightly lower memory
bandwidth, which shows up on long duration memory intensive operations
when done side by side ... but that is rare.

Also the XO-1 units with 256 MB work really well with only an extra 32
MB of swap.  ;-)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/