[Testing] os240py - collaboration over wireless

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon May 31 20:42:38 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 06:54:28PM -0500, Daniel Drake wrote:
> I'm pretty sure this will be another case of there being no default
> multicast route.

Yep, that's it.  Sugar is entirely relying on the existence of this
multicast route, and it is not present on os240py.

It can temporarily be added after mesh is started:

	ip route add 224.0.0.0/4 dev msh0

And after that, I've tested that Chat activity when shared appears in
Neighbourhood View of other laptops, and that another laptop running
os240py can join it.  Conversation works fine.

Bernie, modules/base/kspost.10.core.inc in olpc-os-builder handles this
for ad-hoc.  Presumably it needs a similar thing for mesh.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/