[Sugar-devel] ANNOUNCE: Sugar 0.88 for the XO-1

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Wed May 26 17:54:29 EDT 2010

El Wed, 26-05-2010 a las 12:00 -0300, Daniel Drake escribió:

> As has been pointed out, there is some kernel code floating around
> that is working in this direction. However, it's not totally correct
> and the kernel developers want a more generic system rather than
> something Geode-specific. And there are efforts going in this
> direction, but there have been for 1-2 years now, it is slow moving.
> We need someone like Bernie to pick up the project, hint hint ;)

:-)

The lazy Bernie would opt for merging the NOPL emulation patch into our
custom OLPC kernel so we can do a quick test with Fedora 13.

If it works, there will probably be a few more issues to fix, such as
the Geode driver. I'm afraid we lack resources to debug both Sugar and
Fedora in time for the August release.

If someone wants to take ownership of the platform part, I'd be happy to
try. The criteria for accepting the distro upgrade is the usual one: no
known regressions relative to Fedora 11 + Sugar 0.88. (all bundled
activities must work as well as before).